Sponsored by: OmniTrax
Lower oil prices drive the need to optimize the sand supply chain since sand is a major cost input to each completion.
A shift from pneumatic trucks to containerized last mile solutions is under way due to sizable cost savings. In-basin sand terminals have also evolved to deal with the large volumes of sand that are now required to support each completion.
In this whitepaper we explore:
- Landed cost of sand is 15-20% of the total cost of a completion
- Why consider a shift from pneumatic truck
- Last mile proppant delivery solution offers between 20-30% cost savings
- Sand loss due to transfers can be reduced significantly
- In basin terminals are evolving to handle high volume unit-trains